English ‘Plus’ Course combines ‘General English’ with a ‘Special Option’. You receive the benefit of participating in General English group classes, building your communication skills, as well as receiving tailored tuition from an experienced teacher in your Special Option classes. You study a language course in the mornings (General English or Exam Preparation) and a Work skills Course in the afternoons.
General English Course
The Standard Course is designed to give you the confidence to communicate effectively in real-life situations. The course provides a balanced programme, focusing on the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, whilst covering essential grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, idioms and colloquial language.
Lessons per week: 20 lessons
Class Times: 09.15 – 12.30
Work Skills in Mini Group
Lessons per week: 8 lessons
Class Times: 13.15 – 16.30 Tues & Thurs
Our English ‘Plus’ Work Skills Course can help you improve both your English skills and Work skills at the same time. Our English ‘Plus’ Work Skills Course is a practical employment skills course concentrating on the essential skills needed to survive in an English speaking workplace environment and is appropriate for junior managerial levels, secretarial, administrative and clerical staff, job-seekers and students embarking upon their careers.
An English Language Course Plus Work skills training provides:
- Self assessment - you understand your strengths and weaknesses
- Career development - you learn how to reach your goals
- Job search skills - a vital part of this English language course
- Job application skills - success or failure in today’s job market
- Interview skills - techniques that ensure a successful outcome
- Team building skills - a necessary requirement in all companies
- Communication skills - an important part of any English Language Course
- Personal effectiveness - you learn to assert yourself at work
- Problem solving - a vital management skill
- Time management - you learn how to organize your time successfully
- Presentation skills - how to create the right image
Content of the course will be determined by completion of a ‘Needs Analysis’ and consultation with your teacher.